Sunday, July 13, 2008

Respeccing?

This is mostly going to be just a handy reference for me should I choose to respec. It's possible there's a dearth of tanks on the server and I was a tank back in the day on my 2nd druid so I'd feel fairly comfortable (if rusty) filling this role. So I'm making a list for myself of things I'd need to craft/quest for/PVP for should the need arise. This would only be for starting out tanking regular 5 man instances.

Helm: Stylin' Purple Hat
Neck: Strength of the Untamed (only halfway to Revered though so I may have to start out with...) Mark of the Ravenguard
Shoulder: Merciless Gladiator's Dragonhide Spaulders (just need 20 AB marks)
Back: Cloak of Eternity (I could craft this or I could stick with...) Nomad's Woven Cloak (until I could get something better)
Chest: Heavy Clefthoof Vest (or I could use...) Warden's Hauberk (until I got the mats)
Bracer: Umberhowl's Collar
Hands: Verdant Gloves (however I would need to run Arcatraz first so until then...) Flesh Handler's Gauntlets
Belt: Manimal's Cinch
Legs: Heavy Clefthoof Leggings (until I got the mats I could use...) Ash Tempered Legguards
Feet: Heavy Clefthoof Boots (until I got the mats I could use...) Supple Leather Boots
Ring1: Wind Trader's Band
Ring2: Delicate Eternium Ring (or if the price is too high...) Ogre Slayer's Band
Trinkets: Are nearly impossible to get for tanking outside of instances, so I'll have to stick with the kitty DPS ones I've picked up for now
Weapon: Braxxis' Staff of Slumber (however I expect this to be high-priced so my next choice...) Fleshling Simulation Staff (although that's hard to get groups for so until then I'll use what I already have...) Staff of the Wild
Idol: Idol of the Wild (likely I'd use this until the badge idol)

I'll figure out gems etc later on, and enchants are mostly obvious. I made a sandboxmajig (official name) on Warcrafter so here you go: Click Me (I don't like it as much as chardev but it'll do).

3 comments:

Lady Jess said...

IF you decide to go this route, I *think* Syn's bank has the HCV and HCB. I'll gladly let you have them, leaving the mats farming for a later date, or over time. She's not going to use them. Also she can make the purple Hat if you choose to respec.

MostlyKaldorei said...

If PvP is in the cards to get the shoulders (which are super awesome), I'd suggest getting the helm too. If you enchant the helm with the Glyph of the Gladiator, you only need the 3/3 Survival of the Fittest to be uncrittable for anything but a raid boss, leaving other slots for stamina and threat stats.
If more PvP is in the cards, the full Season 2 set, the Season 3 non-set epics and the Season 2 mace would be a really solid set that you could easily raid tank in. But that is a lot of PvP.

Helm: I strongly suggest the Merciless Gladiator's Dragonhide helm. It's worth the PvP and wo't be replaced until the end of tier 5.
Neck: If you go with PvP gear, the resilience gets you uncrittable (assuming 3/3 Survival of the Fittest) so you don't need a +defense neck. The Necklace of the Deep (easily crafted by a jewelcrafter) with 2 stamina gems is super great.
Back: Cloak of Eternity is good. If you have the option, getting the Thoriumweave cloak from Mechanar is another one that isn't easily replaced.

Ratshag said...

Shoot, I'd respec fer the hat alone.